Duluth has a strong and diverse local economy. Major industry sectors include:
- Medical & Health Care
- Information Technology
- Industrial (Distribution/Warehousing, Manufacturing)
- Automotive Repair & Maintenance
Among the 10 largest U.S. metro areas, metro Atlanta ranks #1 for lowest cost of doing business. (KPMG, 2016)
Metro Atlanta is also ranked 3rd in the nation for the most Fortune 500 companies. Two Fortune 500 companies are located in Duluth (AGCO and Asbury Automotive).
In the City of Duluth, businesses will find:
- A highly educated and trained workforce
- A dynamic network of technology firms and services
- Strategic access to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, rail, Interstate 85, 75, and 20, and the Ports Authority facilities in Savannah and Brunswick
- Superior digital infrastructure, including Internet backbone connectivity
- A competitive tax structure
- Affordable, flexible and attractive real estate options
- Top public and private schools, colleges, and universities
|Public Information & Marketing Manager
|Senior Marketing & Outreach Coordinator
|Community Development Specialist
The quality of life in a city is a very important decision factor for residents, families, and businesses. The following link will send you to the Residents section of our website, which illustrates the excellent lifestyle and culture that can be found at the City of Duluth.
Duluth Economic Development promotes creative industries. If you are a creative entrepreneur Duluth is the community for you. Music, theater, painting, song writing and performing original music are just some of areas of concentration. Please contact the Duluth Economic Development if you are a creative entrepreneur and wish to start or relocate a creative business in Duluth.
- Red Clay Music Foundry
- Eddie Owen Presents: Live Original Music
- Duluth Fine Arts League
- Art Works! Gwinnett