Occupational Tax Renewal
STEP 1: Access your renewal application based on type of business.
Click HERE to access the General, Professional, or Home Business Occupational Tax Renewal package, which is in fillable PDF format. The fillable form works best using the Chrome browser.
If you have an EXEMPT or NON-PROFIT business, click HERE for the Exempt Occupation Tax Renewal package.
If you have a REGULATORY business, the renewal paperwork will be posted HERE after January 1, 2023.
The same paperwork is required for 2023 renewals as in the past:
- Renewal application
- Validation of Gross Receipts for 2022* (for profit businesses only)
- SAVE Affidavit with a copy of valid ID
- E-Verify Affidavit with number of employees as of January 1
- Emergency Contact form
Additional requirements, if applicable:
- Copy of State Professional License (OCGA 36-60-6a)
- County permits, driver history
- Background check and/or fingerprints
- Registered Agent update
- Health inspection reports
- Agricultural certificates
If you plan to move from one location to another location within City limits, please follow this link, Business Zoning & Use Verification Request, to verify the proper Zoning and Building Construction type for your intended business use. Please obtain this approval PRIOR to signing any lease agreement
2023 Occupational Tax Calculation Worksheet
STEP 2: Complete all forms provided. Print and sign. Note that some forms require notarization and MUST be signed in the presence of a Notary. Notary services are available at City Hall and there is no fee for this service.
Submit forms and payment in one of the following ways:
- By mail to City Hall, 3167 Main St., Duluth, GA 30096
- Deliver in person to the above address, Monday - Friday from 8am-4:30pm
- Electronic Submission, combine all required forms/attachments into one file to scan/email as electronic document to email@example.com
- The City only processes applications that are 100% complete. Once all paperwork has been processed, if you have not included payment, you will receive an INVOICE via email. If paperwork is missing or incomplete, you will be emailed a request for further information. If your method of taxation is based on a flat fee, you may turn that in with the renewal paperwork. Payments may be made online, in person, or by mail. Note that April 30 is the deadline for payment without penalty.
- Upon payment, your OTC will be mailed.
The annual renewal season for Occupational Tax Certificates runs from January to April of each year and the timeline for processing can be up to 14 business days during this time. Email any questions to the Occupational Tax Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.