City Hall

Where are you located? What hours are you open?
We are located at 3167 Main Street.  Business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.
Where is the courtroom?
The courtroom is in the Public Safety Building located at 3276 Buford Hwy, Duluth, GA 30096. The Public Safety Business Office operates from 8:30am - 4:30pm.
Who do I talk to about burned out street lights?
Report a street light outage to Georgia Power or Jackson EMC.
Where do I vote for the Mayor and City Council Members?
Voting takes place at City Hall.
Do you advertise in newspapers? If so, which papers?
The city advertises in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Gwinnett Daily Post.
Can you get a marriage license at City Hall in Duluth?
No. You will have to go through Gwinnett County Courts.
Or call 770-822-8250
Do I pay my cable bill to the City of Duluth?
The City can only act on a citizen’s behalf if a resident has sought assistance from the cable company without resolution. All payments must be made directly to the cable company.
How do I translate meeting agendas?

Did you know that you can easily translate any document or PDF into 133 different languages using the free Google Translate website? Translating City Council meeting agendas is just a few clicks away!

Opening & Saving Meeting Agendas to Your Computer

  1. Visit duluthga.net and navigate to the Agendas & Minutes page under the Government tab.
  2. Open the Agenda document your wish to translate.
  3. Save the PDF to your computer by clicking the Download/Save button in the top right corner of your screen. Please note, this button will vary depending on the browser you are using. 

Translate Documents

You can translate documents up to 10 MB in any of these formats: .docx, .pdf, .pptx, .xlsx. PDF files must be 300 pages or less. To translate more documents or larger documents, learn about the Cloud Translation API.


  • Document translation isn’t available on smaller screens or mobile.
  • You can find text in images and scanned .pdf pages in the output document but they aren’t translated.
  1. In your browser, go to translate.google.com.
  2. At the top, click Documents.
  3. Choose the languages to translate to and from.
    • To automatically set the original language of a document, click Detect language.
  4. Click Browse your computer.
  5. Select the file you want to translate.
  6. Click Translate and wait for the document to finish translating.
  7. Click Download translation to download your translated document.

Please keep in mind that Google Translate only works on documents and not images. Some of the pages included in our agenda packets are scanned in documents. Documents that are scanned in are recognized as images by the computer and cannot be translated. If you have questions regarding an agenda, please send an email to agenda@duluthga.net.

Website Translations

Translating the City of Duluth website is even easier! Simply click Translate in the top right corner of the screen on any of our webpage and all the text will be converted to the language of your choosing.


What is the number to Republic Services?
Please call: 678.963.2800
To get a rolling recycle cart email cityofduluth@republicservices.com
Does the garbage service pick up yard waste?
Complete information can be found on our Yard Waste page.

Duluth Happenings

What is the history of Duluth?
The Duluth Historical Society is eager to share the history of Duluth. Read about the History of Duluth on our website. If you would like to volunteer with the Duluth Historical Society, send an e-mail to info@duluthhistoricalsociety.org.
What exit is GA Highway 120 off I-85?
Traveling southbound on I-85 take exit 107 just after the Old Peachtree Rd exit.
Traveling northbound on I-85 take exit 105 just after the Hwy 316 exit.
How far is Duluth from Atlanta?
The City of Duluth is 30 miles north of Atlanta via I-85.
How do I get a Veterans Flag and Marker for Memorial Day?
Please contact our Public Works Department at 770.476.2454.

Festival Center

What is happening on the Town Green?
There is always excitement happening on the Town Green. Follow this link to learn about upcoming events.
What are the hours of the Fountain?
The fountain schedule changes depending on the season. Please visit Downtown Duluth and Fountain for a current schedule.
Do we have to have an appointment to use the fountain?
All day care centers, schools and any other groups of 20 or more need to complete an application and pay a $20 fee to the Festival Center.
How can I rent the Town Green Amphitheater?
Call 770.497.5291
Upcoming Events
We have concerts, movies, festivals and so much more!
So, grab your friends and family and come out and enjoy some quality time and have fun. A complete list of events can be viewed on the left.

Upcoming Events_Updated - Copy

Art Month - August
Community Art Project, Seek Duluth, DFAL Art Walk, Cinema at the Red Clay, Lantern Parade and more!

August 19 from 6-9pm

Cinema at the Red Clay Featuring Encanto
August 24 at 7pm
Free Movie at the Red Clay

Duluth Day at the Stripers Game
August 31 at 7:05pm
Coolray Field

Duluth Farmers & Artisan Market
September 11 from 2-6pm

Button for Website

Vendor Applcaitions_Updated

Click "Vendor Application" above to be taken to all open applications. Please note, not all events accept vendor applications. If you have a question about a specific event, reach out to our events team at events@duluthga.net.

*For details on events, check out the links on the left side*


Where can I find information about the dumpsters and how to get a card?
Where can I find information regarding what items can be left out for curbside pickup?


Does the smoking ban affect the City limits of Duluth?
No, not unless the state passes a law.
How do I obtain a Passport?
Click this link for information on obtaining a passport:



I have a Duluth mailing address, does that mean that I am in the City Limits of Duluth?
Not necessarily, you may live in unincorporated Gwinnett County and simply have a Duluth postal mailing address. Click here to view a list of City Streets and Subdivisions.
I'm new to the area, what positions do you have open? Do you have a website that lists job openings?
If I live outside the City can I still get a newsletter?
Yes, you may pick them up at City Hall if they are still available.
Where do I get my driver's license renewed?
2211 Beaver Ruin Rd, Ste 100, Norcross or 310 Hurricane Shoals Rd, NE in Lawrenceville
Is the water service through the City or County?
Water service is obtained through the Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources at 678.376.6800.
Which garbage service do I use?
If you live within the City limits, you are required to use Republic Services. Call 678.963.2800 for more information.
Where are the dumpsters?
Dumpsters are located at the Public Works facility located at 2450 Chattahoochee Dr, Duluth, GA 30097.
Where do I get my dumpster card?
Can I choose any cable company I would like for service?
Contact AT&T, Charter Communications, or Comcast to see which company services your address.
What are the electric companies that serve Duluth?
Georgia Power (1.888.660.5890) and Jackson EMC (770.963.6166) currently serve the Duluth area.


When are Property Tax bills mailed?
Each year on September 1.
When are Property Taxes due?
Each year on or by December 15.
Do you mail duplicate tax bills to my mortgage company?
No. Bills are only sent to homeowners, please check your mailing address for accuracy.
Where do I get homestead exemption?
Are city taxes billed separately or are they included with the Gwinnett County tax bill?
Property taxes for the City of Duluth are billed separately from Gwinnett County.