Public Safety Ambassador
Public Safety Ambassadors
Are you interested in making a positive impact on your community? The Duluth Police Department is excited to announce a new opportunity for individuals with good communication skills and a desire to serve in Public Safety. We are currently seeking full-time Public Safety Ambassadors to play a crucial role in serving our community. While this is not a law enforcement position, Public Safety Ambassadors will be able to respond to calls for service that don't require a Police Officer. As a Public Safety Ambassador, you'll be the first point of contact for those in need of assistance, providing support and referring city services. The primary goal of the program is to provide a more efficient and effective means of reporting certain calls for service, allowing sworn police officers to focus on policing efforts within the city.
Public Safety Ambassadors Responsibilities:
- Stalled/Abandoned Vehicles/Road Hazards
- Traffic Direction
- Monitor Security Cameras
- Private Property Accidents
- Lost/Found Property
- Transportation of equipment, message boards, and trailers.
- Standing by for a wrecker to tow an impounded vehicle.
- Minor property damage where no crime is alleged.
- Animal Calls for lost or found pets.
- Community Outreach events
- Other calls of a non-emergency, low risk nature.
- And more!
Qualifications include but not limited to:
- Be 18 years old or above
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Hold a valid Georgia driver's license
- Successfully pass an interview, background check, psychological examination, polygraph test, and drug screening.
Note: This is a non-law enforcement position, and Public Safety Ambassadors will be unarmed.
How to Apply:
Interested in becoming a Public Safety Ambassador? Click HERE to apply!
For any questions about this job opportunity, please email CommunityOutreach@DuluthPD.com