Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the police department located and what are the hours of operation?
The police department is located on the corner of Buford Hwy and Davenport Road in Duluth, GA.  The address is 3276 Buford Highway, Duluth, GA 30096.  The police department operates 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, however, the reception window is only open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  The lobby is open 24-hrs a day.
I think my identitiy has been stolen, or I am a victim of fraud, what should I do?
In addition to filing a report with the police department, contact the Federal Trade Commission to file an ID theft affadavit and obtain other helpful information about what to do if you become a victim of identity theft.
Can I file a police report after normal business hours?
Yes. The police department is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  For assistance, please come into the lobby of the police department and use the call box, or call the police department at 770-476-4151 and an officer will be sent to your location within the city limits.
How can I get a copy of a police report?
Reports can be obtained in person at the Public Safety Building, 3276 Buford Highway, Duluth, GA 30096, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Click here to request a report. You may email records@duluthpd.com with questions.
What types of payment does the police department accept?
The police department accepts cash, major credit cards, money orders and cashier's checks for payment of fines, traffic citations, requests for reports, fingerprints, criminal history checks, and open records requests.
Is there a cost for police reports?
 The cost for an accident report is $5.00; the cost for an incident report is $.10 per page.  If you are named on either of these types of reports, you are entitled to one free copy.
I am an insurance agent, how can I obtain a copy of an accident report?
Insurance companies can either come in person or click here to request a report. Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
If your vehicle has been towed by the police department, you can contact the following:
Willard Wrecker Service (770) 614-8131
2451 Pleasantdale Rd.
Doraville, GA 30340


Express Towing (678) 584-1778
2785 Buford Highway, #102C
Duluth, GA 30096.
Does your department do fingerprints?
Yes,  Monday - Friday (10:00 a.m. -  3:00 p.m.). The cost is $10.00 per card for the first two cards and $2.00 for each additional copy.
How do I file a police report?
You can come into our building and pick up the phone located in the lobby which connects you directly to dispatch. You may also call us directly on our non-emergency line at (770) 476-4151 to have an officer meet with you at your location within the city limits.
Is there a way to get an officer to check on my house while we are on vacation?
Yes.  Please submit a Vacation House Check (VHC) form online or in person at the Duluth Public Safety Center.
What do I need to bring with me for a criminal history check?
Applicants need to bring a valid, government-issued photo ID.  The cost is $15.00 for the first copy, and $2.00 for each additional copy.  Criminal history checks are completed within minutes. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. 
When will my police report/accident report be ready for pick it up?
It usually takes 5-10 business days for the report to be processed.  It is best to call 770-623-2771 or email records@duluthpd.com and see if the report is ready before you come to the police department.
Do you serve civil papers?
 No, you can contact Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office at 770-619-6500 to have papers served.
How do I obtain a protection order against someone?
 Contact Gwinnett County Magistrate Court at 770-619-6720.
Does the Duluth Police Department do car seat checks?
Not at this time. You can go to www.ridesafegeorgia.org to find a list of participating agencies.
How to File a Complaint against a Police Officer?
To file a complaint against an officer, you may complete the complaint form. After you submit the complaint form, it will be forwarded to the Office of Professional Standards (OPS) for a thorough investigation.
How do I know if I live within the city limits of Duluth?
There are several ways to check.  You can call the police department at 770-476-4151, or check for your street listing on the following links: Duluth City Street Listing, Map of Duluth City Limits
Missing Person
To File a Missing Person report, please call 770-476-4151.