Duluth was one of the first cities to implement a weekly multi-material curbside recycling program. With community involvement and support, this program continues to surpass each year’s expectations. Duluth residents can divert much of our curbside waste away from landfills. Place your bin at the curb before 7:00am each Wednesday morning for collection.
Recycling is offered to Duluth residents at no charge. You may obtain a recycling bin at the Duluth Public Works building, 2450 Main Street. If you prefer a large recycling rolling cart, please email RWard4@republicservices.com and include your name, address and phone number in the email. These carts will be delivered to your home on Fridays by Republic Services. Bring your old recycling bin to Public Works to exchange or leave it out at the curb on your cart delivery date. If you are moving and leaving Duluth, please return the old bin to Public Works or leave it for the new resident.
For more recycling tips, see https://recyclingsimplified.com/.
Acceptable recycling items
Mixed Paper Cardboard & Pizza Boxes
Newspapers and inserts Cardboard boxes (broken down)
Mail, magazines, phone books
Calendars, school papers, carbonless forms
Paperboard, cereal boxes, tissue boxes, paper towel cores, shoe boxes
Paper Based Food Service Packaging
Take out food containers
Food and Beverage Cartons
Milk, juice and soup cartons
Beverage containers and baking tins
Steel cans (soup, vegetable, and meat cans)
Plastic soda and water bottles, milk jugs, plastic detergent bottles, plastic bottles
Not Acceptable to Recycle
Grocery or take-out plastic bags
Cable or hosing
Please call Republic Services at 678.963.2800 with any questions regarding the Recycling program.
Glass recycling is accepted at the Public Works Complex. Rules for using the container are as follows:
- Available for City residents and businesses only (proof of residence or business license is required).
- The container is for glass only. No garbage, boxes or bags are allowed. No glass is allowed to be left after-hours.
Acceptable glass is (all colors are acceptable):
- Glass containers
Non-acceptable glass is:
- CRT glass (computer monitors, televisions)
- Light bulbs
- Ceramic (plates, bowls, cups)
Other Recycling Centers in the Area
Flowery Branch Compactor: This facility accepts materials from Gwinnett residents. The address is 4395 Falcon Pkwy, 770 535-8288. Hours are M-Sat 7:30 6:30 p.m. Sunday 11:00 - 6:00 p.m. Materials accepted: Aluminum cans, books, cardboard, glass bottles and jars, magazines, motor oil, newspaper, plastic containers and bottles.
Sandy Springs Recycling Center: Located at 470 Morgan Falls Road in Atlanta. Phone 770 551-7794, hours M-Sun 9:00 - 5:00 p.m. Accept glass bottles and jars.
Smyrna Recycling Center: Located at 3475 Lake Drive, Smyrna, phone 770-431-2869. Hours open - Tues, Wed, Fri - Sat 8:00 - 4:00 p.m. Thurs - 12:00 - 8:00 p.m. Accepting glass bottles and jars.
Snellville Recycling Center: Located at 2531 Marigold Road, phone 770 985-3539. Hours are M, T, Th, Friday, Sat from 8:00 - 5:00 p.m. Snellville will accept the following from Gwinnett County Residents with no fee:
- Newspaper, junk mail
- Computer/Office Paper
- Glass (brown, clear & green)
- Scrap Metals (all types)
- #1 & 2 Plastic Jugs & Bottles
- Aluminum and steel food/beverage containers, baking tins
- Cereal, shoe, tissue and packaging boxes
- Kraft paper (grocery and lunch bags)
- Phone books, catalogs, paperbacks, magazines
- Soda, beer, other drink box cartons
- Paper towel and tissue paper cores
- Mixed paper (calendars, school and computer paper, envelopes, old greeting cards)
- Carpet & pad
- Aluminum cans
- Cardboard boxes (broken down)
- #1-7 plastic bottles & containers
Roswell Recycling Center: Located at 11570 Maxwell Road, Roswell, will accept aluminum cans, lightweight plastic containers, and glass bottles, magazines, books from non-residents for no fee, items must be separated.
Roswell Recycling Center will accept the following from non-residents for the fees listed:
- Televisions (Flat Screen or CRT): $20/each
- Monitors (Flat Screen of CRT): $20/each
- Tires - off the rim: $2/each (Max 4)
- Tires - on the rim: $15/each (Max 4)
- Appliances with Freon: $20/each
- Appliances without Freon: $10/each
Exact change cash or check accepted. No credit or debit cards.
Westrock Recycling: Located in Lawrenceville – 384 Maltbie Street
They accept small amounts of plastic, glass, cardboard, newspapers and magazines. However, there is a fee. Fees will depend on the amount of recyclables.