Homestead Exemption Information:
- The deadline to apply for a Homestead Exemption has been extended to August 27th this year due to Covid-19.
- Tax Commissioner Richard Steele reminds homeowners to apply for a Homestead Exemption before April 1st. "Now is the time to make sure you are taking advantage of everything that can reduce how much you have to pay," says Steele.
- You must own and occupy the property as your primary residence as of January 1st of the current tax year for which the application is being made.
- Exemptions are not granted automatically, however once an exemption is granted, there is no need to apply each year.
- Visit www.GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com to apply online and upload supporting documentation, check your application status or view exemption requirements. Once you apply through Gwinnett County, the exemption will automatically post to your account with the City of Duluth.