GENERAL INSPECTION INFORMATION
Inspection Portal: Request Inspection
- Inspections must be requested before 2:00pm to be considered for next business day inspections. Inspections requested after 2:00pm on Friday will be treated as though received on the following business day.
- When requesting an inspection, you must provide the permit number, street address, lot/block and project name. The general contractor is the only person authorized to request inspections. Inspection requests will not be accepted from sub-contractors.
- All City codes can be found in the municipal code.
The Development Inspector performs and requires the following inspections:
- Footing/Foundation: footings formed; after trenches are excavated; reinforcing steel (if required) is in place; free of mud and water.
- Slab Plumbing: plumbing, electrical and mechanical in place; trenches open free of mud and water.
- Slab Prep: plumbing, electrical and mechanical inspections must be signed off; plastic and reinforcing steel in place; gravel in place (if required); vapor barrier; wire mesh (if not fiber concrete) must be installed; trenches open; free of mud and water.
- Tree Density: Prior to issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy and in conjunction with the final building inspection, a final tree count will be done to verify that the correct number of overstory and understory trees have bee planted on the site.
- Rough Inspections: Electrical, Framing, & HVAC
- Final Electrical: after all rough inspections have been done; appliances and electrical fixtures set and properly connected;
- Final Gas: after all rough inspections have been done; 10-pounds of pressure must be shown on the gas line; appliances set; trim outs done.
- Note: Power and gas approvals will be faxed or emailed to the utility companies the same day they are approved. Application must be made with utility companies before they will set meters. Georgia Power contact is 877.365.3276. Atlanta Gas Light contact is Steve Moss at 770.994.6046 or Linda Smith at 770.994.6050.
- All re-inspection fees must be paid and all sub-contractor affidavits must be on file before the Department will release your wiring approval to the appropriate utility company. You may contact the Department at 770.476.1790 to check your file status.
- Temporary Power Poles
- Water Heater
- Wall and Ceiling Cover Up
- Final Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy (C.O.): after the building is completed and ready for occupancy; landscaping installed; meters set; sidewalks installed; any curb damage repaired; Fire Marshal 100%; water release; sewer release; any other “Holds” must be resolved.
The General Contractor is responsible for scheduling all inspections and re-inspection. All required erosion controls must be in place when the inspector comes out or a reinspection fee will be assessed. A placard must be posted on site with the approved plans at all times.
Re inspection fees are as follows:
- $100 per reinspection