Occupational Tax Renewal
2020 Occupational Tax Renewal letters were mailed on December 31, 2019. If you do not receive your information by January 15, 2020, please contact the Occupational Tax Officer by phone at 770-476-3434 or via Email at email@example.com.
- Please choose the appropriate business type below. You may print and hand write in the renewal application, or type in the fillable PDF form and save to your computer.
- Note that your Tax Class number is the number to the right of the decimal point from your NAICS CODE, which is included in the renewal letter. For example, if your NAICS CODE is 44612.2, the Tax Class number is two. The Tax Class Decimal corresponds to the Tax Class number and is located within OPTION A on page two of the renewal packet.
- Print the completed application, sign and date in the presence of a notary.
- Using tax class and 2019 gross receipts (or flat fee), calculate payment to City of Duluth. See 2020 calculation worksheet below.
- Mail to City of Duluth with payment, or submit in person. Our address is 3167 Main Street, Duluth GA 30096. Office hours Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Renewals are due by January 30th. There is a grace period which ends April 30th. Penalties/Interest are applied beginning May 1st.
- Fillable forms are designed for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. If you experience any problems, please make sure you are using Adobe Reader. You may select the following link to Adobe's site to download the latest version of Acrobat Reader.