Occupational Tax Renewal
2020 Occupational Tax Renewal letters were mailed on December 31, 2019. The annual license expires on January 30 of each year. There is a grace period until April 30. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City will accept requests on an individual basis via email to email@example.com for an extension of the payment until June 30 without interest or penalty. Additionally, during the period of local emergency declaration, the City is waiving the requirement for the required forms to be notarized if that presents a current hardship. Business owners will need to provide these at a later date once the local emergency is declared over.
- Please choose the appropriate renewal paperwork link based on business type below. You may print and hand write in the renewal application or type in the fillable PDF form and save to your computer.
- Note that your Tax Class number is the number to the right of the decimal point from your NAICS CODE, which is included in the renewal letter. For example, if your NAICS CODE is 44612.2, the Tax Class number is two. The Tax Class decimal corresponds to the Tax Class number and is also printed on your Occupational Tax Certificate.
- Print the completed application, sign and date in the presence of a notary* (see above).
- Using tax class and 2019 gross receipts (or flat fee), calculate payment to City of Duluth. See 2020 calculation worksheet below.
- Mail to City of Duluth with payment, or submit in person (via drop box). Our address is 3167 Main Street, Duluth GA 30096. City Hall is currently closed to the public until further notice. Normal office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm and will resume after Stay at Home restrictions have been lifted.
- Renewals and payment are due by January 30. There is a grace period which ends April 30. For 2020, penalties/interest will be waived until June 30, 2020.
- Fillable forms are designed for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. If you experience any problems, please make sure you are using Adobe Reader. You may select the following link to Adobe's site to download the latest version of Acrobat Reader.