3160 Main Street
Suite 100 Duluth, GA 30096
Duluth resident since 1998
First elected November 2005. Next election November 2021.
Current term January 2018 – January 2022
Duluth City Hall
3167 Main Street
Duluth, GA 30096
“My vision is to paint a picture and bring it to life”
I believe that Duluth is a wonderful place which is why I chose to move my family into the City. We have been heavily focused on the downtown development which has so far turned out beautifully, but Duluth is more than the Town Green and we need to have a broader vision and plan for the City. We need regulations that promote the rational development to fulfill our plan. We need adequate staffing, with skills applied in specialty areas to make things happen in a timely fashion. We need more thriving business throughout the City.
- Married for ten (10) years to Lucien Bomar
- Six (6) Children – Charles, Ross and Alexis Anderson, Tara, Heath and Adam Bomar, three (3) daughter-n-laws and three (3) grandchildren.
- First moved to Atlanta in 1984.
- Attended Brooklyn Polytechnic – Graduated with a BS in Mathematics in 1973 and an MS in Transportation Planning and Engineering in 1975; also attended Princeton University to get MSE and MA in Civil Engineering (Transportation).
- Councilwoman Bomar was selected as Princeton University’s Engineering School Distinguished Alumnae, the first Woman chosen in 1994.
- Started Street Smarts in 1990 and Chocolate Perks in 2009.
- Local Memberships:
- Duluth Merchants Association, Board Member (1995-97)
- Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce
- United Way, Gwinnett Chair (2008-10)
- Gwinnett Environmental and Heritage Center Foundation, Board Chair
- Accomplishments and Associations:
- Society of Women Engineers Entrepreneur of the Year (2005)
- Duluth high School Band Booster Association, Chaperone, Pit Crew, Savory Sounds of Duluth, Chair
- Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce – Graduate of “Leadership Gwinnett” (1990)
- Gwinnett and Metro Atlanta Chamber Small Business Person of the Year nominee
- Girl Scouts of America, Assistant Troop Leader (1997-2003), Silver Award Counselor (2003 to present)
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 26 – Troop Committee and Merit Badge Counselor (1996-present)
- Institute of Transportation Engineers International President (1994)
- Woman in Business, 2nd Fastest-Growing Woman-Owned Business in Atlanta (2003)
- Pacesetter Company (#35 in 2002, #40 in 2003)
- Institute of Transportation Engineers Burton Marsh Lifetime Service Award (2003)
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Transportation and Development Institute President
- Association of Consulting Engineering, Companies of Georgia, Board Member