Flat Shiner Contest
In preparation for the 2013 State of the City Address, Mayor Harris and Mayor Shiner of Duluth’s Chattapoochee Dog Park have been taking an inventory of what Duluth has to offer its citizens by visiting local businesses, schools, parks and civic organizations within the city limits.
Maybe the Mayors missed you and you would like the opportunity to be highlighted along with other area organizations. Or maybe you are a Duluth City resident who would like to promote one of your favorite businesses. Well here is your chance by taking part in the “Flat Shiner” photo contest. The Mayors have put their heads together and have come up with four categories. Winners of each category will receive 2 free tickets to the “State of the City” Address.
- Who Knew? Are you, or do you know of a business, organization or public space in the Duluth City Limits that is a well-kept secret. Or maybe it’s been around forever, just started, or does something that is unique. Let us know about it.
- Dog/Pet Friendly: This is Mayor Shiner’s favorite category. Tell us about how you promote pet friendliness. Maybe it’s not obvious, so clue everyone in!
- Local Supporter: Are you a Duluth citizen or business who tries to back local businesses through patronage and referrals. Team up and show us what makes you so special!
- Most creative photo with Flat Shiner: This is the fun one! Just put on your creative thinking hats to pose Flat Shiner in a way that highlights a business, organization or Duluth public space.
Just print off the “Flat Shiner” and take his picture with you in a way that highlights the purpose of your organization. See some examples of photos below. Entries should be submitted via email to email@example.com no later than Monday, January 14, 2013. Please include the following information along with your picture.
- Business/Organization Highlighted
- Your Name and relationship to the establishment
- Purpose of Business or Organization.
- How many years the business has been in the City of Duluth
- Name(s) of people in the photograph
- A brief (50 word max) description of what makes you unique (Who Knew?), Dog/pet friendly, or a Local supporter. NOTE: No description is necessary if just entering for “Most Creative Photo”