• Image

Duluth GA


General Information on Marriage Ceremonies

  • Do we perform wedding ceremonies? Yes, The Chief Judge routinely performs wedding ceremonies. Marriages are performed for City of Duluth residents only. One of the parties must be a City of Duluth resident and must have a valid I.D. to show that you reside within the Duluth city limits.
  • How much does it cost to get married? As a service to our citizens, Duluth Municipal Court provides marriage ceremonies at no cost, as long as you are getting married in our court room, and are a City of Duluth resident. The parties can schedule a marriage Monday – Friday between the hours of  2:00 pm - 4:30 pm. Marriages are performed by appointment only. The judge cannot perform ceremonies on Wednesdays.
  • Where do you obtain a marriage license?  A valid marriage license can be obtained from any Georgia Probate Court and is required and must be presented to the judge before the ceremony. Valid I.D. is also required.  
  • Where are we located?The Duluth Public Safety Building, 3276 Buford Highway, Duluth, GA 30096.
  • Do you provide an Interpreter? No, we do not provide interpreters for marriage ceremonies. You are welcome to invite a trusted relative or friend who's fluent in English to come to court with you. 
Send an email request to marriages@duluthga.net to request a marriage application and to verify the Judge is available at the time you want to be married. Your request will be acknowledged promptly via return email.