City Clerk & Business Office Staff
The Business Office is the internal hub of the City including finance, accounting, personnel, taxes and City Clerk. Our objective is to exceed the customer’s expectations with every interaction. We will achieve this by providing quality service that is given by trained employees who are empowered to see themselves as personally responsible for the people they serve.
- Strive to answer 85% of our calls within 20 seconds.
- Provide accurate, current information to enable collection of revenue in a timely manner.
- Provide information through the “Open Records Act” within three days of receiving a written request.
- Prepare Mayor and Council meeting minutes in a timely manner, and make the available to the public, when requested.
- Protect and manage all records and historical documents in City archives.
- Maintain an internal control system to ensure adherence to the yearly budget.
- Prepare a six-month budget review report for presentation to the Mayor and Council.
- Strive to improve the budget document in order to obtain the Award for Distinguished Budget Presentation from the Government Finance Officers Association.
- Stay abreast of changing technology.
Goals & Objectives
- To build a supportive team to work with the public and one another and to continue to educate and train the staff to achieve excellence in governmental affairs, professionalism, and increase productivity.
- To continue to work toward improvements to the system, the employees and the Citizens.
- To surpass last year’s deadline for the collection of occupational taxes and delinquent property taxes.
- To control and reduce operating cost, to provide regulatory compliance, enhance employee productivity, provide accountability, and help protect the City’s resources as well as the bottom line of the budget.